Concrete Cleaning Tips for Facility Maintenance Experts
If you’re in charge of facility maintenance or a facility management program, you know that details like dirty sidewalks and parking lots can quickly become a nuisance. It can deter customers, frustrate employees and of course, become a pain point for your facility’s team. All of which can hurt a business’ bottom line and create an overall environment of dissatisfaction.
Luckily, those headaches can be prevented when you arm yourself with the right cleaning products. Here, we’re sharing the best concrete cleaning tips (and solutions) to keep your parking lot and sidewalks spotless year-round. The best part? They’re effective, easy-to-use and environmentally friendly.
Effective Concrete Cleaner
With EXIMO® Waterless Concrete Cleaner, you can clean unsightly stains better than costly pressure washing. EXIMO goes below the surface to actually clean your concrete parking lot and sidewalks — not just make them appear clean. Our redesigned formula can be applied wet or dry, drastically cutting down the time it takes to get rid of stains and can even prevent new ones from appearing.
How to use EXIMO:
1. Clean the area of any trash or debris.
2. Dry application: Apply EXIMO directly to the concrete stain. Wet application: Mix EXIMO with water in a two-gallon sprayer.
3. Dry application: Use a durable broom to sweep the product back and forth until it’s fully dispersed. Wet application: Spray EXIMO across the concrete stains.
4. Watch your stains disappear within 4-6 weeks, and reapply as-needed.
Remove ‘Impossible’ Stains
Grease, soda, coffee, diesel — all of these stains can seem virtually impossible to get rid of. Enter: OTIS Multi-Surface Cleaner. It’s tough enough to clean diesel stains in 30 seconds (with no scrubbing) but safe enough to use throughout the rest of your business, like on food prep surfaces. Yeah, it’s that good.
How to use OTIS:
1. Mix OTIS with water in a two-gallon sprayer.
2. Spray the cleaner directly onto grease, soda, coffee, or diesel stains. Wait a minute for it to soak in.
3. Use a deck brush to scrub the stained area.
4. Rinse with water (optional).
5. Continue to use as needed.
Get Rid of Gum
More annoying than diesel and grease stains is discarded (already chewed) gum. Scraping it off can take hours and be, quite honestly, pretty gross. That doesn’t have to be the case anymore with RADO+™ Gum Remover. It’s not only safe and easy to use, but you can remove gum from more than just concrete. RADO can also be used on:
- Wood surfaces
How to use RADO+:
1. Shake well, then insert the spray straw.
2. Spray gum closely for about 2-5 seconds. You’ll see frost appear.
3. Use the RADO Gum Scraper immediately after to chip or scrape off the gum
Keep Concrete Clean with CAF
When it comes to keeping your concrete clean, CAF products, training and solutions help get the job done. We understand the value of making the outside (and inside) of your business shine, and our products are designed to help you do just that. Whether you’re tackling concrete stains or any other cleaning hurdle, find the right solution with our solution finder.