Manager, Human Resources (Maple Valley, WA)
As CAF’s Manager, Human Resources you will bring your passion for people, strong HR experience and relentless attitude to spearhead the HR, cultural and personnel strategic vision for CAF. This position will direct and oversee CAF’s strategic HR initiatives and support the development of CAF’s long-term HR growth plans. The Manager, HR originates and leads all HR policies, practices and objectives that will provide a high-engagement, high-performing and results-driven company culture. You will also lead traditional HR functions including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, organizational training and development and HR compliance throughout the employee life cycle. Exceptional candidates will be outstanding in coordinating with outside business partners, internal business performance and business process improvement to drive results.
CAF is a rapid growth company that sells outdoor cleaning products. Year over year, our sales growth exceeds 20%. We’re looking for impact players: someone like you, who displays the excitement and desire to help CAF grow. CAF takes pride in our unique, down to earth culture with enthusiastic, tireless, tenacious, grounded, yet super fun employees that are diverse in background and talent. Our culture is customer oriented and great marketing is key to the growth of our fast-paced company. We believe that customers come first. We have a strong work ethic and are engaged and committed to ongoing success. CAF recognizes the need for balance between work and family; we are family friendly. If you get excited about driving change and being a part of a growing organization, then CAF is where you should be!
The Manager, Human Resources reports directly to CAF’s CEO, Mike Zahajko, who’s background is all about Customers Obsession given his long background in sales and entrepreneurial development. That said, “numbers matter” and are imperative in the discussion. Mike’s management philosophy is focused on four (4) Employee Tenants: Grit. Smart. Culture. And Job capabilities. CAF’ers who demonstrate a strong commitment to Communication, Ownership and Execution are near and dear to his heart!
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting strategy and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interviews all candidates; serves as part of the interview team for position finalists.
2. Employee Relations
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Makes certain that the managers know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
3. Benefits Administration
- With the assistance of the executive team, obtains cost-effective, employee and employer mutual serving benefits; monitors benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training for employees and their families and recommends changes in benefits offered.
- Oversee Human Resource Management System (HRMS) administration
- Establish and maintain CAF’s wage and salary structure, pay policies and oversees the variable pay systems within CAF including KPI’s, bonuses and raises.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Develops department goals, objectives and systems and all activities of the department.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings as a department advocate.
6. Organizational Development
- Designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Keep the CEO and the executive team informed of significant HR problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
7. Training and Development
- Coordinates all Human Resources training programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development reviews (PDR’s) and employee career development programs.
- Mitigates risk by keeping organizations compliant with federal, state and local labor laws and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports using CAF’s HRIS system.
What it takes to succeed:
- Fit CAF culture and team values
- 5 years of HR Generalist w/demonstrated management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent compliance and regulation knowledge
- Strong organizational, social, written and verbal skills
- Strong ability to use spreadsheets to make data-based decisions
- Proven success in a small, fast-paced and dynamic company
- Strategic thinking and planning / organizational skills preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional or equivalent preferred (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SPC)
- Full computer proficiency (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Satisfy pre-employment drug testing
- Reside within 15 miles from CAF Office (Maple Valley, 98038)
Click the button below to learn more and apply for this position.