How to Remove Soda & Other Sugar Stains from Concrete
How To Remove Soda, Coffee, and Sugar Stains from Concrete
We all have all experienced it before... you get out of your car to pump some gas and step right into a sticky sugar stain. Many customers shake their heads at the mess, but so do most managers tasked with it up.
But with this easy way to get rid of soda and sugar stains, you won't have to bear the sight of these sugary sticky messes in your forecourt for very long ever again.
What You Need:
- 2 empty (32 oz.) spray bottles - label one "OTIS" and the other "WATER"
- OTIS Multi-Surface Concentrate Cleaner
- Optional: scrub brush
1. Create Your Cleaning Mixture
- Combine 3 scoops (tsp) OTIS and 32 oz. of water into OTIS spray bottle. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill WATER bottle with 32 oz. of water.
- Gather both spray bottles and continue the cleaning process.
2. Using the jet stream setting on the "OTIS" spray bottle, apply OTIS liberally to the sugar stains.
3. Rinse off the stain area using the "WATER" bottle. You can rinse and let it dry, or you can absorb it with absorbent pads.
Tip: If your sugar stains are especially stubborn, apply OTIS again, let sit, and scrub with a deck brush. You can rinse and let it dry, or you can absorb it with absorbent pads.
Editor's note: this post was originally published in April 2017 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.