How to Remove Oil Stains from Parking Garage
Oil stains are common to find in parking garages because many cars drive in and out of them every day. However, it is best to not let oil stains accumulate and become a norm in your parking garage because it can be unsafe and it creates an unwelcoming environment. Conventional ways of cleaning oil stains take up a lot of time, energy, and money. To easily remove oil stains and get a cleaner parking garage, use EXIMO® Waterless Concrete Cleaner, an eco-friendly way to get rid of oil stains.
What You Will Need:
1. Before beginning the process, ensure the parking garage concrete area is dry and free of any debris.
2. Using the included scoop, spread one scoop of EXIMO Waterless Concrete Cleaner directly onto the oil stain.
- TIP: One scoop is enough to cover 55 ft2 / the size of one parking space.
3. Spread the EXIMO by applying light downward pressure on the push broom across the cement.
- TIP: Keep the broom in contact with the ground. First, sweep EXIMO forward across the oil spot, then sweep perpendicular to the previous motion to ensure EXIMO is evenly distributed to the area.
4. Continue spreading EXIMO until the powder is completely blended in with the concrete as shown in the image. Once the product is brushed into the surface, you're done! No need to rinse off the area, but water will not disrupt the cleaning process.
5. Repeat this method once a week and stain will disappear in one month or less.
Contact CAF Outdoor Cleaning today to learn more about removing oil stains with our unbeatable product line.
Editor's note: this post was originally published in July 2016 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.