How to Prevent Wiper Fluid from Freezing
It can be a troubling situation to try cleaning your windshield in the cold heart of winter. To prevent your cleaning fluid from freezing, follow these easy instructions to ensure you’ll never encounter a frozen squeegee bucket again! (This process can also be used with OTIS to clean effectively all year round!)
What You Will Need:
- wiper fluid (for best results use ORUS Glass Cleaner)
- FRIGO Winter Additive
- FRIGO Thermometer
Warning: Use in well ventilated area. Never use or store near ignition source.
- Check forecast or use good judgement to determine the lowest expected temperature for the day of use.
- Fill squeegee bucket with windshield cleaning solution (for more info about ORUS Ultra Glass Cleaner, click here).
- Using FRIGO Thermometer or the chart below, add the respective number of FRIGO “pumps” to the cleaning solution depending on the lowest expected temperature for the day of use.
- (Example: If the lowest expected temperature is 22ºF, add 2 pumps to every 1 gallon of solution.)
- TIP: Temperatures can drop considerably overnight. Always mix for the lowest expected temperature.